Simple Way to Make Quick Healthy Jambalaya

Healthy Jambalaya.

Healthy Jambalaya

Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, healthy jambalaya. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.

Healthy Jambalaya is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Healthy Jambalaya is something which I've loved my whole life.

To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have healthy jambalaya using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.

The ingredients needed to make Healthy Jambalaya:

  1. {Take of brown rice I use Brown Basamati from Aldi.
  2. {Take of Beef Sausage cut into rounds.
  3. {Make ready of whole onion.
  4. {Make ready of I finely chopped green belle pepper.
  5. {Take of cans of crushed tomato sauce.
  6. {Make ready of water.
  7. {Make ready of onion powder.
  8. {Get of Louisiana seasoning.
  9. {Make ready of salt.
  10. {Get of pepper.
  11. {Get of lawrys garlic powder and parsley seasoning.
  12. {Make ready of oregano.

Steps to make Healthy Jambalaya:

  1. Chop onions, belle pepper, and sausage.
  2. In a pot add water, crushed tomato sauce, and rice. Now this is just me I add my seasonings then but I know I'm going to taste toward the end and add more based on taste.
  3. Add chopped onion belle pepper and sausage.
  4. Really simple boil all ingredients for about 2 1/2 hours but this is also just me..brown rice has to cook awhile so I medium cook the first hour slow cook the rest of the time. checking and stirring as I go..
  5. Once that brown rice rises to the top the first time turn on mid low probably last 30 mins.
  6. After that and you stir and taste and rice is tender it's seasoned we'll to taste turn pot off but let sit for 45 mins with lid on and left over heat the rice will plump more and thicken the jambalaya.
  7. You can do corn fritters to go with it or corn bread.

So that's going to wrap this up with this special food healthy jambalaya recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: